Wednesday, November 1, 2017

'In Night's Still Calm' by Lisa Griffith

Hello dear readers, have you seen our wonderful challenges?
I adore each moodboard and always have lots of ideas flowing through my mind.
This time I created a mixed media piece using vintage sheet music,
natural elements, and lots of watercolors.

'In Night's Still Calm'


I wanted to create a mysterious forest scene using natural elements 
according to Stage #3 of our Creative Art
challenge. I took some vintage piano music, covered it in clear gesso, and then glued
on some green fern leaves from my garden. After I covered the leaves in heavy white gesso,
I added watercolors to create a warm fiery glow, some stamping, and some twigs
and chipboard leaves.

Here is our moodboard and also our challenge:




So, our 3 stage is about nature. All the most beautiful and charming that was created by Nature ! Nature inspires, gives new emotions and surprises us. And every artist. Therefore, at this stage, we suggest you create any work in the style of a mix-media using ONE non-scrap material from the nature and also one more more obligatory element of this stage - LETTERS in any form. You can use any scrap materials and in any quantity and also do any work, the main thing is that there is only one element of nature

So the 3 stage you must use:
Natural materials - no scrap material
Letters -  in any form
Your work is accepted until October 29

Here are a few close ups:


After my watercolors were dry I took some Prima Gold Mica Powder
and mixed it with a little bit of water to highlight my real fern leaves.


I used some 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces, some leaves and a round frame that I painted
black and gold.




Thanks for looking, and I invite you to join our challenges!
Hugs, Lisa xo


9 comments:

  1. AWESOME, this is absolutely wonderful, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Спер! Невероятная красота!Мистика!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Невероятно красиво!!!😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm spellbound!!! The watercolor work is pure brillance, and those many depths of layers add so much interest and intrigue. Wow, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O wow amazing just outstanding loved it so much ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments